We all know how New Years Resolution end up. Well why not have fun while dieting? That's right I just used fun AND dieting in the same sentence. When you think of dieting you think all the dreadful diets there are out there; The three day diet (starving yourself for three days. Woohoo...NOT!), the all green diet (only eat things that are green), the cleansing diet (only drinking a lemonade concoction),etc. I have tried all of these but none of them seemed to be what I was looking for. So I did a little research and found one that after one week I was more than impressed with.... AND I DIDN'T HAVE STARVE MYSELF!!!
So what was the secret to this diet? Well, there was only one that I found and it was to pay attention to what you eat. In a way with this diet you can pretty much eat whatever you want but you need to stay within the limits of your calories. Mine for example was a 1,215 calorie limit. I downloaded an app on my phone which was the key to this diet. If you click here you can download the My Plate Calorie Tracker application. Was this a calorie diet? Yes, but the fun of it was keeping track of my calories yet staying within limits. You can also earn points towards awards such as gift cards. I wanted to start eating healthy which meant I was able to get creative with new recipes in the kitchen. It would amaze you how many calories there are in certain foods so it was a learning experience as well. Here are some screen shots of the My Plate Calorie Tracker Application:
Along with the diet I also decided to take on a 30-Day Challenge with a collaboration of my own exercises and a little help from Jillian Michaels. Helpful Hint: Take before-and-after pictures because they can really help motivate you as you are able to see your progress!


No comments:
Post a Comment